Six months have passed – 2015 is more than halfway over! Duh!
Recent top stuff of the year (so far):
- Movies: What We Do In The Shadows for best comedy, Ex Machina for best genre pic (sci-fi, duh), and Love & Mercy for best drama. Ask me why!
- TV: Better Call Saul wins, loved Silicon Valley again, Game of Thrones delivered again, and True Detective 2 is promising so far!
- Music: Getting ready to jam the rest of the summer to the promising Aqueduct new album Wild Knights!
- Game: Just finished Batman Arkham Knight and had a blast! 95% done and will not be doing the 243 riddles, no thanks!
- Food: Thanks to Adam McCabe for the introduction to Chi Dynasty in Los Feliz (Hillhurst)! Great Chinese, and a Mai Thai to knock you off your feet for a couple hours.
- Drink: That Mai Thai at Chi Dynasty
- Job: Looking…
- Surprise: The Houston Astros are blowing minds and surprising the universe – enjoying the ride!
- Phrase: “Like A House” – from the Craigslist ad for our new place, which isn’t just like a house, it actually is one.
Update on 2015 goals:
- Detective Detective Detective is prob not going to Netflix unless you have $1000 for us + a connection to approve it, otherwise – YouTube and Vimeo and Torrent much? Coming in August!
- TV pilot script is almost good to go casting with! Looking to start production end of July-ish, may take our time with this one. Been writing with Adam McCabe and gone great!
- My new podcast will be called EXPOSITION. Episode one is written, just needs to be recorded and start the first “season” of life storybending.
- Took wife camping for two days in Joshua Tree, loved it, great fires and cookout foods, but a bit windy and chilly desert at night. Looking to hit Big Bear woods camping later this summer.
- Undertaken animation software lessons, bought a drawing tablet, and making progress on finishing a short animated film by end of summer, too!